Head of the department:
i.f.n.dot, Shakarov Qulmat Ashirovich
About the department:
In the years of independence large scale reforms in all types of education, including the system of training skilled scientific and pedagogical personnel, are being implemented in Uzbekistan. On August 29, 1997, the decree of the Republic of Uzbekistan on education and the National Program of Training Personnel have been adopted. According to these documents, a number of leading institutions of higher education have opened Master's departments. According to the National Program of Training Personnel, the Master's department has been functioning at TUIT since the academic year 1999-2000. The department was founded as a separate department according to the decree number 190 of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan on September 10, 2007, on further developing the functions of Master's degree in the education system of the Republic of Uzbekistan and works in accordance with the decree number 36 of the Cabinet of Ministers on March 2, 2015, on confirmation of the statute on Master's.
Today, 306 Master's students are studying in 9 specialties.
Accordint to the decree number 1942 of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on March 26, 2013, on measurements to develop the system of training personnel in the field of ICT, the university has been offering following specialties since the academic year 2013-2014:
- 5A350101-Telecommunication Engineering ("Information Transfer Systems”, "Telecommunication networks”, "Teleradiobroadcasting”);
- 5A330501-Computer Engineering ("Computer systems design”, "Design of practical software products", "Information and multimedia technologies”, "Information security, cryptography and cryptoanalysis”);
- 5A350301-Economics and Management in the field of ICT;
- 5A330601-Software Engineering;
- 5A350601-Informatization and Library Studies.
In accordance with the decree number 2193 of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on June 26, 2014, the following two specialties have been added from the academic year 2014-2015:
- 5A330502-Management of e-government system;
- 5A350602-Electronic Library and Archives
- 5A350104 – Information security in networks and systems of telecommunication;
- 5A350501 – Organization and technology of mail services.
The regional branches offer 5A330501-Computer Engineering ("Computer systems design") for Master's students.
Today, TUIT is a leading university in Central Asia in the field of ICT. As of the decree number 91 of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on June 2, 2005, on developing the system of training specialists in the field of information technologies, it is a trusty institution of higher education in the field of ICT.
There are academic laboratories and rooms, all of which are equipped with modern technologies, for doing the subjects as of the academic plan for Master's degree. That includes 45 multimedia classes, 52 computer classes, and 43 academic and science laboratories and classrooms.
It is also worth mentioning that during the past years, in partnership with AKTRF, JV "O'zbektelecom", Chinese companies such as ZTE and Huawei, "Coscom" LLC, the following science laboratories and the laboratories that work on NGN technology were founded:
"IT service and parallel processing";
"Information technologies security services";
"Sound signal processing";
"Mathematical Modeling and Programming"
"CDMA-450 standard mobile communication system";
"Electronic information education resources";
"IPTV training laboratory";
"GSM standard mobile communication systems";
"Fiber-optic lines and devices";
"Broadband wireless communication systems";
"Modern telecommunication system"
These modern educational laboratories are widely used in the organization of the educational process at the magistracy.
There are all necessary conditions for the independent study of Master's degree students at the University, including 3 electronic libraries equipped with modern computers connected to the Internet at speeds up to 45 mbit / sec (in-band), 8 mbit / sec (out-of-band), and 52 computer classes at the departments. In addition, wireless LANs (Wi-Fi) are installed on the university's premises.
The university has access to information through its website http://www.tuit.uz, the electronic information resource base (http://www.library.tuit.uz), e-learning system (etuit.uz), ZiyoNET educational portal (http://www.zionet.uz), information and library systems of the Republic and other higher educational institutions, as well as local and international scientific databases.
Based on perspective tasks of socio-economic development of the country, in the field of training of highly qualified scientific personnel, by the year 2015, the university has trained highly qualified specialists in 2200 magistracy specialties and received a master's degree.
Leading scientists, leading scientists from leading enterprises and organizations of the Ministry of Information Technologies and Communications of the Republic of Uzbekistan, leading scientific research institutes and other HEIs are attracted to teaching staff of the Master's degree at the University with high scientific and pedagogical potential. About 80% of magistracy dissertation themes are devoted to the priorities and problems of the industry, and they are appointed as scientific adviser and scientific adviser to the industry's leading highly qualified specialists.
All the conditions created by the graduate students of the Department of Higher Education for the purpose of further deserving and further appreciation of the university administration are achieved. In order to fulfill the tasks set out in the prospective plans of the University, gifted students and masters are involved in the research work carried out by the faculty. Also, they are directed to their entrance to the "Senior Researcher-Researchers Institute" and their design and technical developments, which are developed by them, on a competitive basis, "New Idea. Investment. Innovation” is funded by the Youth Fund.
For more effective organization of training of highly qualified personnel at the university, more than 20 professors and teachers from leading South Korean universities, KOICA volunteers, more than 10 leading Samsung (as volunteers), regional managers and managers of TeliaSonera, Coscom managers interviewed and held talks with students at the university.
Having profound knowledge and aspiration for research are one of the peculiarities of our nation. Therefore, our young men and women who have a certain level of education in educational institutions will be able to gain more knowledge in the future, to master their professional skills, and to be regular in maturity and well-being. Masters of Tashkent University of Information Technologies named after Muhammad al-Khwarizmi contributes to the further development of information and communication technologies in Uzbekistan.
- The main purpose of the university magistracy department is to prepare competitive masters in the master's level of continuous education, meeting the international standards of high qualification, high culture, spirituality and enlightenment.
- The Master's Degree Department is the educational-scientific and administrative unit of the university, which trains masters in several specialties.
- The educational process in magistracy has been developed by the basic higher education institution in the field of special education (master's degree), in accordance with the procedure established by the State Testing Center under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan, and educational-methodical associations in the directions of higher and secondary special and vocational education the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan (hereinafter referred to as "the Ministry"). certified expert in state educational standards of higher education (hereinafter referred to as the State educational standards) and training plans.
- Organization of educational process, participation in drawing up of the schedule, determination and control of the independent work of the masters.
- Formation of the master's thesis base on actual problems of the industry in cooperation with departments of specialties and ministries and organizations.
- Establishing cooperation agreements with professional colleges and academic lyceums of specialties and jointly organizing scientific and pedagogical practice of students of magistracy.
- Formulating the draft orders related to the undergraduate students and recommending the rector of the university.
- To carry out spiritual-enlightenment and educational work among the students of the magistracy, familiarize them with the rules of ethics.
- Development of measures for organizing joint research and scientific-pedagogical activities of students of the magistracy in cooperation with the enterprises and organizations of the system and increasing its efficiency.
- Organization and implementation of admission to university masters and submit proposals and feedback on admission to higher education institutions in collaboration with the university administration.
- Development of measures for the organization of master's degree studies, studying the experience of foreign universities in their implementation and their effectiveness and their introduction into the educational process.